On 27th and 30th of January, the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam will organize an Academic Expert Training – Tax & Technology together with the Antwerp University.
The first day will put an emphasis on collecting and processing of tax-data and the second day on the analysis of big data. The flowing topics will be discussed:
- Big Data Process
- Collecting Data
- Introduction to programming
- Data and ERP Systems
- Real time reporting and ERP Systems
- A functional taxonomy of AI fiscal governance in the EU
- The legal limits of web scraping
- Getting ready for data analysis: what about data quality
- Predictive algorithms for fraud detection
- Algorithmic bias and automation bias: the legal perspective
- Methods to measure bias and mitigate unfairness when constructing machine learning models
- Data analysis and automated decision-making transparency requirements
- How to explain the black box decision
The course is for tax professionals: tax authorities (including tax data miners), tax accountants, tax consultancy, corporate lawyers and tax advisors.
See the brochure for the program and the registration for the course.
Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters